Get ready to celebrate Burnaby Pride at our upcoming picnic event! We invite you to join us for an afternoon filled with complimentary food, entertainment, and community fun for all ages. Mark your calendars for July 8th, from 12-3pm, at Keswick Park. Here are all the details you need to know:
- Date: July 8th
- Time: 12-3pm
- Location: Keswick Park, 9452 Cardston Court, Burnaby, BC
- Accessibility: The park features washrooms, a playground, and spray park. Meeting location is south of the basketball courts.
- ASL Interpretation: If you need ASL interpretation services, please email email@example.com by July 3, 2023.
Food and Entertainment:
- The Burnaby Firefighters will be donning chef’s hats to cook up a storm for us. Enjoy a selection of hot dogs (meat/veggie/Halal), with pop and chips available.
- The Burnaby Firefighters Charitable Society has kindly covered the cost of all food, so no cash is needed. Donations are welcome!
- Prepare for a fun program of music, games, and kid-friendly lawn activities throughout the afternoon.
What to Bring:
- Lawn chairs
- Picnic blankets
- Dress for the weather: jackets, hats, sunscreen, and sunglasses
Keswick Park is a Burnaby public park. The address is: 9452 Cardston Court, Burnaby, BC.
The park features washrooms, a playground and spray park. It is situated on a mild slope. We will be meeting south of the basketball courts.
Enter at the south east corner of the park for easiest access to the picnic site.
Keswick Park is a pilot park in Burnaby’s drinking in parks program. There may be open alcohol on site. Please support all of our community members by keeping this an alcohol-free event. Read more about the pilot program here: https://tinyurl.com/4d96n3wf
- ASL Interpretation:
- If you need ASL interpretation services please let us know by July 3, 2023. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (5 minute walk)
- Bus 110 Lougheed Station (9 minutes)
- Please be aware that this walk is down hill heading from Lougheed Station to the park and uphill walking back to the station.
- Free street parking is available on Cardston Court, Manchester Drive or Government Street. Parking is limited so we encourage you to carpool if possible.
- For accessible parking and to avoid the moderate uphill slope, park on government street. It is a shorter walk and milder slope to the BBQ location.
- There are two portable all gender washrooms on site, one is accessible.There are also washrooms on the other side of the park near the playground.
- Outdoor RAIN/SHINE with some shade/cover under some of the trees. There will be few popup tents for shade.
- Seating Options:
- Seating is limited (few picnic tables and folding chairs), please bring your own chairs/picnic blankets, cushions.
- Microphones and amplification will be used.
- The terrain is uneven with a mixture of grass and gravel. There is a gravel path throughout the park with a grade from south going north.
- Burnaby Pride acknowledges community members experiencing chemical sensitivities.
- For the health and safety of volunteers, performers, and guests it is important that everyone come fragrance-free or reduced to this event. For information on how and why to be fragrance-free, see http://thinkagaintraining.com/fragrance-free/#forparticipants. If you have questions, or if you are not sure you can be fragrance-free, please contact Athena at email@example.com.
- Burnaby Pride acknowledges a growing number of individuals affected by electrical hypersensitivity (EHS) and would like to help support a safer event for everyone. We ask that picnic attendees power off their cell phones fully or place them on airplane mode for the duration of the event.
- COVID 19 Aware:
- The safety and well-being of our community is important for us. Burnaby Pride follows the recommendations of the Fraser Health Authority. Our pride celebration is outdoors in a park. Mask wearing is optional, but encouraged in group settings. We also encourage our attendees to take the necessary precautions for their safety and we’ll have sanitation stations and masks onsite available for those that need them.
- If you would like to use a mask or hand sanitizer, please visit the Burnaby Pride Table at the event.
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.