WANT TO BE PART OF THE FUTURE OF PRIDE IN BURNABY?
After a successful inaugural event, we want you to help transform Burnaby’s 2018 Pride Street Party into a lasting movement! Community members are invited to take part in a Burnaby LGBTQ2S+ community dialogue to discuss the future of Burnaby Pride, including the potential to form Burnaby’s first LGBTQ2S+ Pride Society. This exciting opportunity is open to teen and adult Burnaby residents.
BURNABY LGBTQ2S+ COMMUNITY DIALOGUE
Date: Wednesday, September 26th, 2018
TIME: 6:30PM - 8:30PM
LOCATION: Burnaby public library - bob prittie branch: first floor program room
Want to be part of this exciting opportunity? Please complete the form below, and if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come out to the
BURNABY PRIDE STREET PARTY!
DATE: Saturday, August 11th, 2018
TIME: 12PM - 4PM
LOCATION: Jubilee Ave
(between Nelson Ave & Imperial St)
Come out to Burnaby's first Pride event to recognize & celebrate the diversity of the LGBTQ2S+ community in Burnaby!
With a full afternoon of live performances, food, activities, and community resources, we have something for almost everyone!
Burnaby's first Pride event has come together through the hard work of many community organizations. The Burnaby Pride Planning Committee has set out to create an opportunity to showcase, recognize, and celebrate LGBTQ2S+ identities in Burnaby.
LOCAL ARTISTS & PERFORMERS
We're showcasing the best local LGBTQ2S+ talent from Burnaby and the surrounding communities! Whether you like dance, poetry, live music, or drag (just to name a few!), we have something for everyone to enjoy!
epic street party!
We're so excited to bring Pride to Burnaby, so let's show the community that Pride is here to stay!
Who Are We?
The Burnaby Pride Street Party is a collaborative community project that has garnered overwhelming support from a number of agencies and organizations based in Burnaby and the surrounding communities. The Burnaby Pride Planning Committee has worked to prioritize local partnerships, support, and participation in order to make this event authentically 'Burnaby'. Want to know more about our community partners? Check out ABOUT US for a full list of planning partners, and SPONSORS for a full list of our generous event sponsors!
- Inclusivity: We are committed to creating accessible, respectful spaces for the meaningful engagement of all individuals, and to finding ways to continually improve inclusive actions.
- Diversity: We recognize, acknowledge, and respect the diverse and intersectional experiences of LGBTQ2S+ individuals in Burnaby, and work to centre these unique voices and experiences in every aspect of our work.
- Community: We believe in the strength of community, and work to support and showcase local individuals, artists, businesses, and organizations.
In hosting a Burnaby Pride Street Party, we are working to:
• Create a safer space where LGBTQ2S+ individuals, youth, and families can foster meaningful connections and strengthen the sense of LGBTQ2S+ community in Burnaby;
• Promote LGBTQ2S+ visibility and provide opportunities for education, compassion-building, and greater understanding & awareness of ourselves and others;
• Showcase and celebrate the diversity of identities and experiences within the LGBTQ2S+ community; and
• Share information regarding community services, resources, and supports for the LGBTQ2S+ community in Burnaby and surrounding communities.
Pride is a powerful opportunity to bring visibility, compassion, and a greater understanding of LGBTQ2S+ identities to all community members in Burnaby. It's a chance to celebrate the vibrancy and diversity of the LGBTQ2S+ community, while acknowledging the deep history of the fight for equity and justice for all gender identities & sexual orientations. And there's glitter.
Evelyn McGowan / Burnaby Youth Hub