12pm - 4pm
jubilee ave | @ nelson + imperial
free | all ages
the burnaby pride street party is back for a second year!
come celebrate the lgbtq2s+ community with an afternoon of
live performances, art, food, resources + so much more!
5pm - 9pm
burnaby civic square | @ mckay + kings borough
free | 18+
the official launch party for burnaby pride 2019! the rainbow
garden party is an 18+ evening of drag, DJ, art, food + drink!
Burnaby's first Pride event has come together through the hard work of many community organizations. The Burnaby Pride Planning Committee has set out to create an opportunity to showcase, recognize, and celebrate LGBTQ2S+ identities in Burnaby.
LOCAL ARTISTS & PERFORMERS
We're showcasing the best local LGBTQ2S+ talent from Burnaby and the surrounding communities! Whether you like dance, poetry, live music, or drag (just to name a few!), we have something for everyone to enjoy!
We're so excited to bring Pride to Burnaby for a second year! And this year, we’ve got two events for you to show your pride! It’s our party, and you’re invited!
Who Are We?
The Burnaby Pride Street Party is a collaborative community project that has garnered overwhelming support from a number of agencies and organizations based in Burnaby and the surrounding communities. The Burnaby Pride Planning Committee has worked to prioritize local partnerships, support, and participation in order to make this event authentically 'Burnaby'. Want to know more about our community partners? Check out ABOUT US for a full list of planning partners, and SPONSORS for a full list of our generous event sponsors!
- Inclusivity: We are committed to creating accessible, respectful spaces for the meaningful engagement of all individuals, and to finding ways to continually improve inclusive actions.
- Diversity: We recognize, acknowledge, and respect the diverse and intersectional experiences of LGBTQ2S+ individuals in Burnaby, and work to centre these unique voices and experiences in every aspect of our work.
- Community: We believe in the strength of community, and work to support and showcase local individuals, artists, businesses, and organizations.
In hosting a Burnaby Pride Street Party, we are working to:
• Create a safer space where LGBTQ2S+ individuals, youth, and families can foster meaningful connections and strengthen the sense of LGBTQ2S+ community in Burnaby;
• Promote LGBTQ2S+ visibility and provide opportunities for education, compassion-building, and greater understanding & awareness of ourselves and others;
• Showcase and celebrate the diversity of identities and experiences within the LGBTQ2S+ community; and
• Share information regarding community services, resources, and supports for the LGBTQ2S+ community in Burnaby and surrounding communities.
Pride is a powerful opportunity to bring visibility, compassion, and a greater understanding of LGBTQ2S+ identities to all community members in Burnaby. It's a chance to celebrate the vibrancy and diversity of the LGBTQ2S+ community, while acknowledging the deep history of the fight for equity and justice for all gender identities & sexual orientations. And there's glitter.
Evelyn McGowan / Burnaby Youth Hub